So You Want to Write A Novel
January - March 2013 @ the Lucas Arms, Kings X, London WC1, UK
EXPECTED WORKSHOP VENUE
245A Gray’s Inn Road
London WC1X 8QZ
Date: Thursdays, 5 January - 15 March 2012
Time: 6.45PM - 9.15PM
Tube: Kings Cross
Cost: TBC (Last year's fee was £255 for 10 weeks' tuition. Drop-in: £28 per session)
What kind of novelist are you? What sort of book do you dream of writing? Have you found your subject matter? If you have not written before, how do you begin? This 10-week short course recommended by Time Out will consist of lectures, timed exercises, homework and readings that will give you the confidence to develop your ideas on paper. The sessions will include:
• techniques to start writing/develop a novel already in progress
• advice on how to arrange and expand your material
• a chance to create new work during the workshop that feeds into your manuscript
• sessions covering topics such as "Getting Started", "Characterisation", "Point of View", "Setting", "Plotting"
• homework to keep your manuscript moving
• showcase readings to give you the opportunity to receive feedback on your novel
The workshops will be conducted in a friendly, constructive atmosphere and are open to anyone with a desire to write, from beginners to publlished novelists.
If you are unable to do the whole course or would like to try it, you can attend on a drop-in basis, however priority will be given to those who book for the whole course. The cost per session is £28 and must be paid prior to course date start. Please email or phone beforehand to ensure a place will be available.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Bound notebook, pen & a spare
Session dates are still to be confirmed.
Bookings will be taken once pricing is confirmed, late in 2012. Full booking details will be added to this page.